Elastic SIP Trunks for Global Voice
SIP trunking is a method of delivering telephone and other uniﬁed communications services over the internet. It works with a SIP-enabled PBX (private branch exchange). SIP stands for Session Initiation Protocol and it is the communications protocol for signaling and controlling multimedia communication sessions. SIP trunking replaces traditional telephone lines or PRIs (Primary Rate Interface).
Before SIP, voice calls were carried over the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), the copper phone lines we traditionally associate with the “telephone.” The PSTN is a physical, circuit switch network, which requires a physical connection between two points in order for a call to take place.
SIP trunks, on the other hand, are virtual phone lines that allow you to make and receive phone calls over the internet to anyone in the world with a phone number whether they are using VoIP or the PSTN. SIP trunks utilize a packet switch network, where your voice calls are broken down into digital packets and routed across a network to its ﬁnal destination.
Benefits of SIP Trunking
- Lower monthly Line & DID Rental – The monthly fee to have a number of lines installed at your office drops significantly with SIP Trunks. And DIDs cost a lot less.
- Lower call charges – There are many SIP Trunk providers and competition has driven down call charges significantly. Some SIP Trunks even come with unlimited calling and you can save on international call charges, too.
- Better customer service– Provide better customer service by adding more geographical and international numbers. Quickly and easily add numbers to your SIP Trunk and terminate them on your IP PBX – you can give customers more options to dial in at a significantly lower cost, even long distance. Customers can contact you more easily and sales will increase.
- Move offices and keep the same number– SIP Trunks are not bound to a location, so it’s easy to move offices without having to change your stationary or inform your customers. There is no longer any need to pay to forward phone calls to the new offices.
- Eliminate VoIP Gateways – SIP Trunks will eliminate the need to buy and manage VoIP Gateways. All phone calls come in via IP. No extra conversion often means better quality too.
- Leverage a modern IP PBX – Modern IP PBX / Unified Communications solutions will give customers increased productivity, mobility and boost sales. Connecting an IP PBX to SIP Trunks is much easier than via the PSTN. You can go on-premise or hosted, the choice is yours.
- Flexibility – It is easy to add channels to your SIP Trunk to cope with increased calls. A simple phone call will allow you to add channels, and often this can be done immediately. Compare that to the delay in having additional lines installed and then having to upgrade your old PBX to handle more lines!
- Correct number of channels – With SIP Trunks, you can easily choose the correct number of channels that you need.
The SIP Trunk Reseller Platform
We get the opportunity to talk to telco dealers and IT consultants about SIP trunking every day. Some of our resellers are very experienced with SIP and VoIP solutions, but many are just new to the approach and looking for ways to grow their business and hold onto customers who are looking for digital voice solutions. If you are new to SIP, here are some of the most important things to know.
Benefits of using and reselling Eralim SIP Trunk
- Security – As SIP Trunks are exposed to the Internet, it is very important that the SIP Trunk has a well secured network and an anti-fraud system in place. The anti fraud system must monitor the system and provide protection against call fraud.
- Own network – Does the SIP Trunk provider run its own network or is it a rebranded service? There are quite a few providers out there reselling SIP Trunks from other providers. Select a provider who has control over their service and network.
- Competitive Cost – Costs vary widely between services. Some vendors will overcharge for SIP Trunks. Look for competitive rates, but ensure that you are getting business quality SIP Trunk service. For example, telecom providers will provide a cheaper quality to Internet call shops. Be cost conscious, but expect to pay a bit more for business class service.
- Number Porting – Can the provider port your phone numbers? Ensure that you choose a provider who can port all the existing numbers – not all providers are able to do this for all regions.
- Support – Does the provider offer support? And what is their availability? EraLim has a wide range of SIP trunk providers that have been tested and approved for use with the PBX so that they are fully supported by us.
- Redundancy – When using SIP trunks, you can use multiple providers, giving you failover capabilities in case your network connection goes down, in the event there is an outage.
- Local and Toll Free – You can get both local and toll free numbers, both pointing to the same SIP trunk, when you use a SIP trunking service. You can even have local numbers where you do business, without having to have a physical office in that local area.
- ROI – With a lower initial capital expenditure and cost savings compared to a traditional PSTN line, SIP trunks quickly provide you with a return on your investment.
- Unified Communications – Eralim SIP trunking services can be used as a port of Unified Communications , data, IM and video.
- Secure trunks with VPN, TLS, SRTP
- Private Interconnection options
- Detailed CDRs on Your Calls